My lovely friend Sarah Baughman nominated me for the Kreative Blogger Award! Sarah is a wondrous writer, poet, friend, and mom. Currently she is living in Germany with her husband Matt and their two children (p.s. I officiated their wedding). A month after their wedding they moved to Shanghei. China, then to Bolivia, and some time in Michigan. I made a quilt for their firstborn, Aaron.
Accepting the Kreativ Blogger Award requires the following:
1) Thank the blogger who gave you the award and provide a link.
2) List seven interesting things about yourself.
3) Nominate seven other bloggers, provide links, and let them know!
Here are seven quirky items you might not know about me:
1) The only time I wanted to be a medical professional was after I read Cherry Ames: Dude Ranch Nurse by Julie Tatham when I was in fourth grade.
2) My favorite Bruce Cockburn song is Lord of the Starfield, circa 1976.
3) My biggest celebrity sighting when I lived in Los Angeles was Mr. T driving on the southbound 405, encased in gold jewels. (My friend, Dennis Badgett, spotted him first).
4) I wish I could speak with a BBC-British accent (I would sound soooo posh!).
5) I spent a morning in May 1993 hanging out at the outdoor butcher grounds in Port-au-Prince, Haiti. My hosts wanted me and the others on the Christian Peacemaker Teams group to experience the real Haiti. Lots of butchered goats, chickens, and a cow or two hanging above drainage pits collecting blood.
6) My father’s favorite directive to me was: “Young lady, it would behoove you to stop lolley-gagging about!”
7) I shared my casita in the Dominican Republic with enormous tree frogs, especially in my bathroom. During the night I reached around the bathroom wall to turn on the light and waited for all the startled frogs to stop jumping around before I entered the room. I hate enormous tree frogs.
And here are my awardees! In random order:
*Christine Valters Paintner, Abbey of the Arts, has deeply influenced my understanding of spirituality and creativity.
*Melinda Schwakhofer, Inspiraculum, is a fibre artist, photographer, cook, and a bit of an imp. Her blog is delightful!
*Tess Giles Marshall, of Pilgrim’s Moon, writes for women in mid-life and older (which includes me).
*Sally Weaver Glick, Sparks of Light is reflecting on life through photography and writing as a spiritual discipline. I am thoroughly enjoying her blog!
*Joanna Harader, Spacious Faith, is a Mennonite pastor who reflects on the weekly Scripture lections, sermons, and her own paper creations. She is a lovely writer.
*Julie-Ann McFann, Let’s Start Blogging, is offering wised advice and counsel for people pondering their own big leap in blogging.
*And, Kevin Driedger, LibraryPreservation2, writes about preservation and conservation issues from a librarian’s perspective (hence the blog title). And, he makes me delicious coffee in the morning!
I hope you check out these blogs and tell them “June sent me”!